2/19/2013

Funny Face: A Woman Who Thinks

This doll arrived with a big clump of hair sticking up out of her "do." Needless to say, I was not happy.  The hair had to be re-glued. I used a product called got-2-B-Glued.  A little dab goes a long way but getting it to dry before the hair popped back up required a hair dryer.

By that time I decided she wasn't going to stay in my collection as I did not care for the styling of her hair. I have had most of the Anjas created and have never kept one. She is a pretty doll but she looks a lot like many of the other dolls in my 12" collection and so she was voted off the island.
I did keep the lovely yellow gown and it's accompanying hat. Both will need a little steaming to smooth out the creases but I do like the fashion.




2 comments:

  1. I was very excited when I found out about the Funny Face collection and even though I resolved to buy only the Dovima doll and the outfits, I ended up buying almost all of the dolls and outfits. My bank balance was not happy LOL.

    That said, did you notice an inconsistency in the quality of the clothing? Some of the pieces were very disappointing. I even wrote to Integrity Toys about it and they kindly offered to repair the worst of the pieces but I decided to leave well enough alone.

    I was most disappointed with the wedding dress (sewn in petticoat and frayed edges) and so many of the dresses made of lightweight fabrics had uneven hems.

    Still, these are some of my favourite IT dolls (in spite of the awful Poppy Parker feet) and outfits because I've loved the movie ever since I saw it as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. It's been a while since this collection came out and I don't remember the quality of the clothing. I do know I didn't keep anything for very long.
      Terri

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.