9/24/2009

Tonner Doll - Antoinette "Pure"

I love the list of names they've come up for Antoinette and her fashions. Look at these: Evocative, Exceptional, Extravagant, Determined, Confidential, Striking, Idyllic, Hypnotic, Symphonic, Obsessed, Dramatic, Sensual, Emphatic, Enlightened, Optimistic, Serene,
Influential, Frivolous, Sinuous, Brilliant, Posh and Prim. It's a list of pleasant feeling words to help you develop your emotional literacy! So now, if you are having difficulty describing your feelings you can turn to your Antoinette collection for help. Yay! "Believe in the power of play."

I don't think I've ever felt pure. Pure anger, yes. Pure lust, yes. But just pure, no.
Here's a part definition from Merriam-Webster's OnLine Dictionary:
3 a (1) : free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes (2) : containing nothing that does not properly belong b : free from moral fault or guilt c : marked by chastity : continent d (1) : of pure blood and unmixed ancestry (2) : homozygous in and breeding true for one or more characters e : ritually clean...
______

The best part of Pure besides her wonderful Antoinette body and pretty face are the boots. But these are not worth $166.

The handbag is stiff and looks awkward on her arm. The shawl is just an edged piece of fabric without a lining or anything. She came with no jewelry.
What was I thinking when I ordered her? I wanted a raven-haired Antoinette.
It's depressing.

5 comments:

  1. Going by the first picture, the construction of the dress is really poor. I'd be depressed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonner has a Great concept going on wiht Antoinette but Tonner execution Sucks...$166 for a vinyl doll and on outfit with no real accessories is arm robbery you should call the police

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this outfit on e-bay for $65. It will look good on the blond hair muse Antoinette }

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ always is the surprise in the beginning of -some -one -unique -object of art, be art itself, a movie, a design in automobiles, fashion, architecture, all that goes with time, this girl given most likely will be a desired collectable because of her way forward appearance and design that right now - is too modern for the present to accept with most collectors this moment....

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.